A wedding dress sets the tone for the entire wedding by reflecting the brides style and personality, while complimenting the venue. Countless hours are spent shopping, trying on, altering, fittings and the heavily documented activity of actually putting on the dress. Below we share five tips to make putting on the dress go smoother, the day of the wedding.
1. Time How Long it Takes
- At your final dress fitting time how long it takes to put your dress on, including all of your undergarments and putting your shoes on. That way you leave enough time (with a little cushion) for getting dressed on the day of your wedding day.
- Bring a mom or bridesmaid to the final dress fitting so they know how to bustle the dress. If that isn’t possible, take a video of how the dress is bustled to share with your wedding planner so they can do it for you. We have seen so many different types of bustles that we can usually figure it out, it will just go that much quicker if we are able to watch the video ahead of time so you can get back to the reception faster.
3. Use a Crochet Hook for buttons
- If the dress has a long row of buttons on the back, don’t forget to bring a crochet hook.
4. Have the bridesmaids get dressed first
- Before the bride gets dressed anyone that is helping her should get dressed first, that way they look their best in the pictures too.
5. Have a bra sewn into the dress
- This doesn’t work for every dress but when it does, it is much more comfortable and faster to get dressed too!
We hope these tips help your day go smoother so you can enjoy the time with your favorite people, all while looking fabulous too!